Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Leeds Bradford Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA)
|Address:||Whitehouse Ln, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7TU|
|Phone:||+44 (0)871 288 2288|
|Arrivals:||Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) Departures|
Wind: 2.06 k/h
Pressure: 1029 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
3.3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.Been to Leeds Bradford Airport? Overall rating: Give it a review.
Leeds Bradford Airport (IATA: LBA, ICAO: EGNM) is located at Yeadon, in the City of Leeds Metropolitan District in West Yorkshire, England, 6 nautical miles (11 km; 6.9 mi) northwest of Leeds city centre itself. It was opened in October 1931 as Yeadon Aerodrome, and is still often referred to as Yeadon Airport by locals. It serves the cities of Leeds and Bradford, as well as the wider Yorkshire region including the cities of York and Wakefield, and the District of Harrogate, and is the largest airport within Yorkshire. The airport was in public ownership until May 2007, when it was sold for £145.5 million to Bridgepoint Capital.
Leeds Bradford has a CAA Public Use Aerodrome Licence (Number P800) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers and for flight training. The airport is also the highest in England at an elevation of 681 ft (208 m). By the number of passengers handled in 2015, Leeds Bradford was the 16th busiest airport in the UK and the 9th busiest airport in England outside London. It is a base for Jet2.com, Monarch Airlines and Ryanair. Thomson Airways is seasonally based at the airport.
- World Duty Free
- WH Smith
- Leeds Rhinos RLFC
- Leeds United FC
- Yorkshire County Cricket Club
What are the closest Airports to Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Sherburn-In-Elmet Airfield (Leeds, United Kingdom - 19 miles)
- Leeds East Airport (Church Fenton, United Kingdom - 19 miles)
- RAF Linton-On-Ouse (Linton-on-ouse, United Kingdom - 21 miles)
- RAF Dishforth (Dishforth, United Kingdom - 21 miles)
- RAF Topcliffe (Topcliffe, United Kingdom - 26 miles)
- Leeming Airport (Leeming, United Kingdom - 30 miles)
- Full Sutton Airfield (York, United Kingdom - 33 miles)
- Sheffield City Heliport (Fowlmere, United Kingdom - 34 miles)
- Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport (Doncaster, Sheffield, United Kingdom - 38 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Leeds Bradford Airport
If you are travelling to United Kingdom from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Leeds Bradford Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Leeds Bradford Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering United Kingdom from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods