Gebr Heinemann secures exclusive supply contract with Mauritius Duty Free Paradise

MAURITIUS. Mauritius Duty Free Paradise (MDFP) has awarded Gebr Heinemann a three-year exclusive supply contract that embraces liquor, tobacco & confectionery, perfume & cosmetics and associated sub-groups. The contract begins this summer.

The contract follows an open tender held in late 2016. The business covers the shops run by MDFP on Mauritius and nearby Rodrigues.

Gebr Heinemann said its success was down to reliability of supply, pricing and its range of services.

Other factors included logistics and compliance excellence; marketing and promotions expertise; assistance with merchandising – with the corresponding training – and the emphasis Gebr Heinemann places on formulating growth strategies for its partners.

Finding Paradise: Celebratory moments at the MDFP contract signing at Gebr Heinemann Headquarters in Hamburg. (From left) Claus Heinemann, (Owner Gebr Heinemann), Rakesh Ragoobeer (CEO MDFP), Racheed Daureeawoo (Chairman MDFP), Naresh Keesoondoyal (Head of Category Management MDFP), Stephan van Groningen (Director Sales of the Distribution Department for Netherlands & Africa at Gebr Heinemann) and Felix Duhnkrack (Account Manager at the Distribution Department for Netherlands & Africa at Gebr Heinemann)

MDFP CEO Rakesh Ragoobeer said:

“‘The Mauritius Duty Free Paradise Co is glad and feels proud to appoint Gebr Heinemann as their main distributor for its international shops based at SSR International Airport, Mauritius.

“MDFP is convinced that Gebr Heinemann’s 138 years of experience in the travel retail business will help to enhance the level of service of our customers; and ultimately bring the required services to sustain our business growth.”

“We are looking forward to a successful collaboration with Mauritius Duty Free Paradise Co. Ltd to make this supply contract a success for all parties involved,” said Gebr Heinemann Director Sales of the Distribution Department for Netherlands & Africa Stephan van Groningen.

The key supply contract covers the retailer’s core product categories

Mauritius Duty Free Paradise Co. Ltd was created in March 2002 to manage the airport duty free outlets, taking over from World Duty Free (Mauritius). The company is a subsidiary of Airports of Mauritius Limited (AML), the owner and operator of Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport in Mauritius. Its parent company holds an 80% majority stake with the other 20% owned by the State Investment Corporation.

MDFP is also the majority shareholder of Rodrigues Duty Free Paradise (RDFP) Company Limited at Sir Gaëtan Duval Airport in Rodrigues.

Latest Blog Articles

Discover the Hidden Gems of Barcelona: A Traveler’s Guide

Barcelona, the vibrant capital of Catalonia in Spain, is a city that never fails to captivate visitors with its rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant culture. Whether you’re strolling along the iconic Ramblas, marveling at the architectural wonders of Antoni Gaudí, or indulging in delicious tapas, Barcelona offers an unforgettable travel experience. In this guide, […]

Continue Reading…

Things to do in Split

Split is a beautiful Croatian city full of sights and attractions to explore. From its picturesque harbor to the UNESCO World Heritage Diocletian’s Palace, there’s no shortage of things to do in Split. Here are some ideas for making the most out of your visit: 1. Visit Diocletian’s Palace – One of Split’s main draws […]

Continue Reading…

Discovering the Best Things to do in Chicago – Your Ultimate Guide

Chicago, also known as the “Windy City,” is one of the most iconic cities in the United States. From sprawling skyscrapers to the beautiful sandy beaches of Lake Michigan, this city has it all. Whether you’re a food enthusiast, outdoor adventurer, or history buff, there’s something for everyone in Chicago. If you’re planning a trip […]

Continue Reading…

Discover the Best Things to Do in Edinburgh: A Comprehensive Guide

Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is a picturesque city that boasts of rich culture, history and stunning architecture. Known for its impressive skyline and historic landmarks, Edinburgh offers visitors a wide range of activities and attractions that cater to all interests. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie or someone who enjoys outdoor activities, Edinburgh […]

Continue Reading…

EasyJet Collaborates with Fantasy Wings to Enhance Customer Experience

EasyJet has announced a new partnership with Fantasy Wings, aimed at improving the overall customer experience. The collaboration will bring together the strengths of both companies to provide passengers with an enhanced travel experience. 1. What This Partnership Means for Passengers: Passengers can expect to enjoy a range of benefits from this partnership, including access […]

Continue Reading…