Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for ZakynZakynthos Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Zakynthos Airport (ZTH)
|Address:||Zakynthos 290 92, Greece|
|Phone:||+30 2695 028322|
|Arrivals:||Zakynthos /Zante Airport (ZTH) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Zakynthos /Zante Airport (ZTH) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 21°C|
Wind: 4.1 k/h
Pressure: 1022 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review Zakynthos Airport.
Zakynthos International Airport “Dionysios Solomos” (IATA: ZTH, ICAO: LGZA) is an airport in Zakynthos, Greece. The airport is located close to the town of Kalamaki. Planes are not permitted to land or depart from 10 PM to 5 AM. This is due to the endangered loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) which lay their eggs on the beaches at night. The Greek authorities can and have permitted planes to take off or land at night, but this is very rare. The airport opened in 1972. The airport is 4.3 km from Zante and other seaside tourist destinations such as Lagana, Tsilivi and Kalamaki. The main approach into the airport is Runway 34, meaning aircraft have to fly over Lagana bay and make a 180-degree turn, before flying over sunbathing tourists on the busy Kalamaki beach.
Closest Airports To (ZTH)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Andravida Air Base (Andravida, Greece - 25 miles)
- Kefallinia Airport (Keffallinia, Greece - 33 miles)
- Araxos Airport (Patras, Greece - 40 miles)
- Agrinion Air Base (Agrinion, Greece - 64 miles)
- Kalamata Airport (Kalamata, Greece - 79 miles)
- Aktion National Airport (Preveza, Greece - 81 miles)
- Tripolis Airport (Tripolis, Greece - 85 miles)
- Sparti Airport (Sparti, Greece - 105 miles)
- Porto Cheli Airport (Porto Heli, Greece - 128 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Zakynthos Airport
If you are travelling to Greece from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Zakynthos Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Zakynthos Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Greece from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods