Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base Duty Free shopping.
About Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base
|Address:||Route d'Orléans, 28200 Châteaudun, France|
|Phone:||+33 2 37 44 81 00|
|Arrivals:||Brewarrina Airport (BWQ) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Dirranbandi Airport (DRN) Departures|
Wind: 3.09 k/h
Pressure: 1009 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base.
Châteaudun Air Base (French: Base aérienne 279 Châteaudun) (ICAO: LFOC) was a French Air Force (French: Armée de l’Air base, between 1934 and 2014. The base was located approximately 3.5 kilometres (2.2 mi) southeast of Châteaudun and about 112 kilometres (70 mi) southwest of Paris. It is currently an airfield attached to Orléans – Bricy Air Base.
The base is primarily used for aircraft storage and ferrying them to other squadrons of the Air Force. Entrepot de l’Armee de l’Air 601 was assigned to perform this mission. Each French Air Force squadron stores some of its planes for a while thereby artificially prolong the life of the fleet and better material management. The EAA also has the task of storing new aircraft to be used in times of war. To fulfil its mission, the EAA has the Group Maintenance, repair and storage of aircraft (GERS).
A SAN Jodel D.140 Mousquetaire training aircraft is assigned to the base for courier duties.
What are the closest Airports to Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base ()?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Orléans-Bricy (BA 123) Air Base (Orleans, France - 18 miles)
- Blois-Le Breuil Airport (Blois/Le Breuil, France - 27 miles)
- Orléans-Saint-Denis-de-l’Hôtel Airport (Orleans, France - 38 miles)
- Tours-Val-de-Loire Airport (Tours, France - 53 miles)
- La Ferté Alais Airfield (La Ferte Alais, France - 54 miles)
- Le Mans-Arnage Airport (Le Mans, France - 55 miles)
- Toussus-le-Noble Airport (Toussous-le-noble, France - 58 miles)
- Saint-Cyr-l’École Airport (Saint-Cyr, France - 61 miles)
- Villacoublay-Vélizy (BA 107) Air Base (Villacoublay, France - 62 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base
If you are travelling to France from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Châteaudun (BA 279) Air Base from outside the EU
If you are entering France from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods