Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Catania Fontanarossa Airport duty free shopping.
About Catania Fontanarossa Airport (CTA)
|Address:||Via Fontanarossa, 95121 Catania CT, Italy|
|Phone:||+39 095 723 9111|
|Arrivals:||Catania–Fontanarossa Airport (CTA) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Catania–Fontanarossa Airport (CTA) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 25.8°C|
Wind: 2.6 k/h
Pressure: 1010 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
1.3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.Been to Catania-Fontanarossa Airport? Overall rating: Give it a review.
Catania–Fontanarossa Airport (Italian: aeroporto internazionale Vincenzo Bellini di Catania-Fontanarossa , English: Catania Airport) (IATA: CTA, ICAO: LICC) also named as Vincenzo Bellini Airport, is an international airport 2.3 NM (4.3 km; 2.6 mi) southwest of Catania, the second largest city on the Italian island of Sicily. It is named after the opera composer Vincenzo Bellini who was born in Catania.
It is the busiest airport in Sicily and the 6th busiest in Italy with 7.304.012 passengers in 2014. Major airlines such as Alitalia, Lufthansa and Air Berlin offer services here and connect numerous European destinations such as Rome, Munich and Berlin, while low cost airlines such as easyJet and Ryanair offer extensive flights to many leisure destinations.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport Duty Free Shops & Restaurants
Duty Free and luxury boutiques at this airport include:
- ATMBank/Foreign Exchange
- Cigarettes and NewspapersGeneralGate/Area: Departure
- Coffee BarGeneral+39 095 340687Gate/Area: Arrival
- Coffee BarGeneral+39 095 340687Gate/Area: Departure
- Duty paidGeneralGate/Area: Departure Lounge
- RestaurantGeneral+39 095 340687Gate/Area: Departure
- Shopping CentreGeneralGate/Area: Departure
Closest Airports To (CTA)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Sigonella Navy Air Base (Sigonella, Italy - 9 miles)
- Comiso Airport (Comiso, Italy - 41 miles)
- Reggio Calabria Airport (Reggio Calabria, Italy - 53 miles)
- Palermo-Boccadifalco Airport (Palermo, Italy - 105 miles)
- Xewkija Heliport (Gozo, Malta - 109 miles)
- Malta Airport (Malta, Malta - 116 miles)
- Lamezia Terme Airport (Lamezia, Italy - 118 miles)
- Falcone–Borsellino Airport (Palermo, Italy - 118 miles)
- Vincenzo Florio Airport Trapani-Birgi (Trapani, Italy - 144 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
If you are travelling to Italy from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Italy from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods