Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for São Paulo–Congonhas Airport Duty Free shopping.
About São Paulo–Congonhas Airport.
|Address:||Av. Washington Luís, s/nº - Vila Congonhas, São Paulo - SP, 04626-911, Brazil|
|Phone:||+55 11 5090-9000|
|Arrivals:||São Paulo–Congonhas Airport (CGH) Arrivals|
|Departures:||São Paulo–Congonhas Airport (CGH) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 27.64°C|
Wind: 4.6 k/h
Pressure: 1017 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review São Paulo–Congonhas Airport.
São Paulo/Congonhas Airport (IATA: CGH, ICAO: SBSP) Portuguese pronunciation: [kõˈɡõɲɐs] is one of the three commercial airports serving São Paulo, Brazil (Campo de Marte Airport and São Paulo–Guarulhos Airport being the other two). The airport is named after the neighborhood where it is located, formerly called Vila Congonhas, property of the descendants of Lucas Antônio Monteiro de Barros (1767–1851), Viscount of Congonhas do Campo, first president of the Province of São Paulo after the independence of Brazil in 1822, during the Empire. In turn, the Viscount’s domain was named after the plural of a shrub known in Brazil as congonha-do-campo (Luxemburgia polyandra, of the Ochnaceae family).
It is owned by the City of São Paulo, but operated by Infraero.
Congonhas has slot restrictions operating with a maximum of 30 operations/hour, being one of the five airports with such restrictions in Brazil.
The central hall of the passenger terminal is considered one of the most outstanding examples of modern architecture in São Paulo. However, modernizing and enlargement works conducted at the terminal from 2003 onwards, while trying to preserve the look of the older, historic section. Today the main terminal has 51,535 m2 (554,718 sq.ft.).
Closest Airports To (CGH)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Campo de Marte Airport (Sao Paulo, Brazil - 8 miles)
- São Paulo-Guarulhos Airport (Sao Paulo, Brazil - 18 miles)
- Base Aérea de Santos Airport (Santos, Brazil - 31 miles)
- Estadual Arthur Siqueira Airport (Braganca Paulista, Brazil - 45 miles)
- Viracopos Airport (Campinas, Brazil - 52 miles)
- Sorocaba Airport (Sorocaba, Brazil - 54 miles)
- Professor Urbano Ernesto Stumpf Airport (Sao Jose Dos Campos, Brazil - 57 miles)
- Amarais Airport (Campinas, Brazil - 60 miles)
- Americana Airport (Americana, Brazil - 72 miles)