Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Roberts International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Roberts International Airport
|Phone:||+231 88 694 2295|
|Arrivals:||Roberts International Airport (ROB) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Roberts International Airport (ROB) Departures|
Wind: 3.31 k/h
Pressure: 1015 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Roberts International Airport.
Roberts International Airport (IATA: ROB, ICAO: GLRB), informally also known as Robertsfield, is an international airport in the West African nation of Liberia. Located near the town of Harbel, the single runway airport is about 35 miles (56 km) outside of the nation’s capital of Monrovia, and as an origin and destination point is referred to as “Monrovia” and locally is often referred to simply as “RIA.” The airport is named in honor of Joseph Jenkins Roberts, the first President of Liberia.
The facility with its 11,000 feet (3,400 m) long runway was an emergency landing site for the United States’ Space Shuttle program and is the principal airport in the country and one of only two with paved runways in the nation. The airport is clearly the nation’s busiest most important aviation facility, with the only connections to Europe. While Monrovia’s secondary airport, Spriggs Payne, is much closer to the city center and possesses the nation’s only other paved runway, it has not had scheduled commercial service since ASKY Airlines suspended service in November 2014.
What are the closest Airports to Roberts International Airport (ROB)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Spriggs Payne Airport (Monrovia, Liberia - 27 miles)
- Kenema Airport (Kenema, Sierra Leone - 127 miles)
- Bo Airport (Bo, Sierra Leone - 152 miles)
- Yengema Airport (Yengema, Sierra Leone - 171 miles)
- Sherbro International Airport (Bonthe, Sierra Leone - 173 miles)
- Gbangbatok Airport (Gbangbatok, Sierra Leone - 174 miles)
- Kissidougou Airport (Kissidougou, Guinea - 203 miles)
- Man Airport (Man, Cote d'Ivoire - 203 miles)
- Cape Palmas Airport (Greenville, Liberia - 224 miles)