Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Reykjavik Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Reykjavik Airport
|Address:||Reykjavíkurflugvöllur, Þorragata 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Phone:||+354 570 3000|
|Arrivals:||Reykjavik Airport (RKV) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Reykjavik Airport (RKV) Departures|
Wind: 3.09 k/h
Pressure: 1003 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Reykjavik Airport.
Reykjavík Airport (Icelandic: Reykjavíkurflugvöllur, (IATA: RKV, ICAO: BIRK) is the main domestic airport serving Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland, located about 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the city centre. Having shorter runways than the city’s bigger Keflavík International Airport, which is sited 50 kilometres (31 mi) out of town, it only serves internal flights within Iceland and to Greenland and, until October 2016, the Faroe Islands, small international charters, transatlantic ferry flights and private flights. It can also serve as alternate airport for flights inbound towards Keflavík, in case of adverse weather conditions there.
Reykjavík Airport is the main hub of Air Iceland and Eagle Air. Of the airport’s three runways, two are currently active all-year round. The shortest runway, 06/24, is usually used only in winter, and takeoffs from 06 (northeast direction) are forbidden because of safety and noise. Reykjavík Airport is owned and operated by the state enterprise Isavia.
What are the closest Airports to Reykjavik Airport (RKV)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Keflavík Airport (Keflavik, Iceland - 23 miles)
- Selfoss Airport (Selfoss, Iceland - 31 miles)
- Bakki Airport (Bakki, Iceland - 68 miles)
- Vestmannaeyjar Airport (Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland - 71 miles)
- Bildudalur Airport (Bildudalur, Iceland - 114 miles)
- Patreksfjörður Airport (Patreksfjordur, Iceland - 114 miles)
- Sauðárkrókur Airport (Saudarkrokur, Iceland - 130 miles)
- Gjögur Airport (Gjogur, Iceland - 130 miles)
- Ísafjörður Airport (Isafjordur, Iceland - 137 miles)