Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Poprad-Tatry Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Poprad-Tatry Airport (TAT)
|Address:||Na letisko 100, 058 89 Poprad, Slovakia|
|Phone:||+421 52/431 14 30|
|Arrivals:||Poprad-Tatry Airport (TAT) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Poprad-Tatry Airport (TAT) Departures|
Wind: 7.72 k/h
Pressure: 1011 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Poprad-Tatry Airport.
Poprad–Tatry Airport (Slovak: Letisko Poprad-Tatry) (IATA: TAT, ICAO: LZTT), is an airport in the Slovak ski resort town of Poprad. It is an airport with one of the highest elevations in Central Europe, at 718 m, which is 150 m higher than Innsbruck Airport in Austria, and 989 m lower than Samedan Airport in Switzerland.
The airport serves schedule and charter airline operations, is a base for search and rescue air services, and handles general aviation. It does not offer any domestic flights. Charter flights are mainly operated in winter. Medical flights, VIP flights, ad hoc charters and ACMI flight also operate from the airport.
What are the closest Airports to Poprad-Tatry Airport (TAT)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Košice Airport (Kosice, Slovakia - 54 miles)
- Sliač Airport (Sliac, Slovakia - 59 miles)
- Kraków Airport (Krakow, Poland - 72 miles)
- Žilina Airport (Žilina, Slovakia - 74 miles)
- Bielsko Biala Airport (Bielsko-Biala, Poland - 75 miles)
- Muchowiec Airport (Katowice, Poland - 97 miles)
- Uzhhorod International Airport (Uzhgorod, Ukraine - 97 miles)
- Nyíregyháza Airport (Nyirregyhaza, Hungary - 101 miles)
- Mielec Airport (Mielec, Poland - 102 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Poprad-Tatry Airport
If you are travelling to Slovakia from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Poprad-Tatry Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Poprad-Tatry Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Slovakia from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods