Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Jersey Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Jersey Airport (JER)
|Address:||St Peter JE1 1BY, Jersey|
|Phone:||+44 1534 446000|
|Arrivals:||Jersey Airport (JER) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Jersey Airport (JER) Departures|
Wind: 9.77 k/h
Pressure: 1007 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Jersey Airport.
Jersey Airport (IATA: JER, ICAO: EGJJ) is an international airport located in the parish of Saint Peter, 4 NM (7.4 km; 4.6 mi) west northwest of Saint Helier in Jersey, in the Channel Islands.
The 1937 terminal was designed with a control tower between the arrivals and departures areas. The terminal was extended in 1976. A new departures terminal adjoining the existing terminal was opened in 1997. A new air traffic control tower was completed and opened in late 2010, and all major airport operations have been transferred to these new buildings.
Work was intended to begin late 2011 to demolish the original airport building, constructed in 1937 and which contains large quantities of asbestos but work was never undertaken as the building was nominated as a protected historical building. Eventually, on 17 March 2014 it was determined on grounds of aviation safety, that the old terminal building would have to be demolished.
Jersey is part of the Common Travel Area, which means that there are limited identity card checks before boarding a flight to the UK or Ireland. There would be full passport check when travelling to or from other countries.
What are the closest Airports to Jersey Airport (JER)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Guernsey Airport (Guernsey, Guernsey - 24 miles)
- Alderney Airport (Alderney, Guernsey - 34 miles)
- Granville Airport (Granville, France - 36 miles)
- Dinard-Pleurtuit-Saint-Malo Airport (Dinard, France - 43 miles)
- Cherbourg Maupertus Airport (Cherbourg, France - 45 miles)
- Saint-Brieuc-Armor Airport (St.-brieuc Armor, France - 55 miles)
- Lannion-Côte de Granit Airport (Lannion, France - 66 miles)
- Caen-Carpiquet Airport (Caen, France - 79 miles)
- Rennes-Saint-Jacques Airport (Rennes, France - 81 miles)