Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Ingolstadt Manching Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Ingolstadt Manching Airport (IGS)
|Address:||Zur General Aviation 2, 85077 Manching, Germany|
|Phone:||+49 8459 332431|
|Arrivals:||Ingolstadt Manching Airport (IGS) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Ingolstadt Manching Airport (IGS) Departures|
Wind: 0.45 k/h
Pressure: 1012 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Ingolstadt Manching Airport.
Ingolstadt Manching Airfield, or Fliegerhorst Ingolstadt/Manching in German (IATA: IGS, ICAO: ETSI), is a military airbase with civil usage located in Manching near Ingolstadt, Germany.
The airfield is home to the Bundeswehr Technical and Airworthiness Center for Aircraft. Cassidian, the defence and security subsidiary of EADS, also has its headquarters here. The first flights of the Tornado and Eurofighter prototypes took place here. The F104 and the F4 were flown here testing weapons systems in the 1960s, 70s and 80s. During the Space Shuttle missions it was considered as a landing site for TAL aborts.
Private Wings offers some business on demand charters and seasonal scheduled leisure flights across Europe. Ingolstadt Manching also receives frequent charter flights from Braunschweig-Wolfsburg Airport transferring personnel of the Volkswagen Group between their headquarters in Wolfsburg and their subsidiary Audi in Ingolstadt.
What are the closest Airports to Ingolstadt Manching Airport (IGS)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Neuburg AFB (Neuburg, Germany - 15 miles)
- Landshut Airport (Landshut, Germany - 27 miles)
- Thalmässing-Waizenhofen Airport (Thalmaessing, Germany - 28 miles)
- Oberschleißheim Airfield (Schleissheim, Germany - 33 miles)
- Erding Airport (Erding, Germany - 33 miles)
- Augsburg Airport (Augsburg, Germany - 34 miles)
- Hohenfels Army Air Field (Hohenfels, Germany - 37 miles)
- Fürstenfeldbruck Airport (Fuerstenfeldbruck, Germany - 37 miles)
- Regensburg-Oberhub Airport (Regensburg, Germany - 38 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Ingolstadt Manching Airport
If you are travelling to Germany from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Ingolstadt Manching Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Ingolstadt Manching Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Germany from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods