Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Fort Worth Alliance Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Fort Worth Alliance Airport
|Arrivals:||Fort Worth Alliance Airport (AFW) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Fort Worth Alliance Airport (AFW) Departures|
Wind: 2.06 k/h
Pressure: 1016 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Fort Worth Alliance Airport.
Fort Worth Alliance Airport (IATA: AFW, ICAO: KAFW, FAA LID: AFW) is a city-owned public-use airport located 14 miles (23 km) north of the central business district of Fort Worth, city in Tarrant County, Texas, United States.
Billed as the world’s first purely industrial airport, it was developed in a joint venture between the City of Fort Worth, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Hillwood Development Company, a real estate development company owned by Ross Perot, Jr.
The official groundbreaking ceremonies were held in July 1988, and the airport officially opened on December 14, 1989. The airport is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by Alliance Air Services, a subsidiary of Hillwood Development, and is the second largest airport facility in North Texas, behind only Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW).
Besides general aviation services, the airport serves as the southwest regional hub for Fedex Express. It formerly served as a maintenance hub for DFW-based American Airlines, until the bankruptcy filing and subsequent restructuring of its parent AMR Corporation.
Alliance filled in for Los Angeles Airport during the filming of the short-lived 2004 TV drama LAX.
By the 1990s, the annual passenger air traffic at DFW Airport had exceeded the airport’s capacity, and a solution was proposed to repeal the Wright Amendment and open Alliance Airport to passenger service, effectively providing DFW with two reliever airports (the other being Dallas Love Field). But DFW opposed the solution and no passenger service was introduced at Alliance Airport.
Click here for the official airport website.
What are the closest Airports to Fort Worth Alliance Airport (AFW)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Fort Worth Meacham International Airport (Fort Worth, United States - 12 miles)
- Denton Municipal Airport (Denton, United States - 16 miles)
- NAS Fort Worth JRB/Carswell Field (Dallas, United States - 17 miles)
- Dallas Fort Worth Airport (Dallas-Fort Worth, United States - 17 miles)
- Arlington Municipal Airport (Arlington, United States - 26 miles)
- Addison Airport (Addison, United States - 28 miles)
- Dallas Love Field Airport (Dallas, United States - 29 miles)
- Dallas Executive Airport (Dallas, United States - 34 miles)
- Mineral Wells Airport (Mineral Wells, United States - 45 miles)