Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Cecil Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Cecil Airport (VQQ)
|Address:||13365, Simpson Way, Jacksonville, FL 32221, United States|
|Weather|| Temperature: 16.45°C|
Wind: 4.1 k/h
Pressure: 1019 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review Cecil Airport.
Cecil Airport (IATA: VQQ, ICAO: KVQQ, FAA LID: VQQ) is a public joint civil-military airport and spaceport located in Jacksonville, Florida. The airport is owned by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority and services military aircraft, corporate aircraft, general aviation, and air cargo. The Florida Army National Guard’s primary Army Aviation Support Facility and the U.S. Coast Guard’s Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron (HITRON) are also located here, the former operating CH-47 Chinook, UH-60 Blackhawk, UH-72 Lakota and C-12 Huron aircraft, while the latter operates the MH-65C Dolphin helicopter.
Cecil Field, commonly known as either “Cecil” or “Cecil Commerce Center”, also houses the FSCJ (Florida State College Jacksonville) aviation course hangar and associated training aircraft. Sunrise Aviation, a flight training school and pilot supplies vendor is the flight training provider for FSCJ’s aviation program. Facilities operated by major aerospace firms such as Boeing and Northrop Grumman are also located at Cecil, providing major maintenance and overhaul services for a variety of U.S. military aircraft.
In 2010, Cecil Field became the United States’ eighth licensed commercial spaceport and the first in Florida authorized to fly space vehicles that take off and land horizontally.
The NZC identifier was the airport’s previous FAA identifier when it was Naval Air Station Cecil Field, its former name until its closure as a naval air station in 1999. The NZC IATA code is now allocated to Maria Reiche Neuman Airport (IATA: NZC, ICAO: SPZA).
Closest Airports To (VQQ)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Jacksonville Airport (Jacksonville, United States - 22 miles)
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport (Jacksonville, United States - 23 miles)
- Haller Airpark (Green Cove Springs, United States - 25 miles)
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field) (Mayport, United States - 29 miles)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport (St. Augustine Airport, United States - 37 miles)
- Lake City Gateway Airport (Lake City, United States - 42 miles)
- Gainesville Regional Airport (Gainesville, United States - 44 miles)
- Flagler County Airport (Flagler, United States - 66 miles)
- Malcolm McKinnon Airport (Brunswick, United States - 71 miles)