Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Montpellier Mediterranee Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Montpellier Mediterranee Airport
|Address:||34137 Mauguio, France|
|Phone:||+33 4 67 20 85 00|
|Arrivals:||Montpellier Mediterranee Airport (MPL) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Montpellier Mediterranee Airport (MPL) Departures|
Wind: 5.14 k/h
Pressure: 1008 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Montpellier Mediterranee Airport.
Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport or Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (IATA: MPL, ICAO: LFMT), also known as Fréjorgues Airport, is an airport in southern France. It is located 7 km (4 nautical miles) east-southeast of Montpellier in Mauguio, in the Hérault department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France. The airport opened in 1946, 8 years after the first flight to the area.
The airport carries the 10th largest number of passengers in France (over 1.18 million in 2010). There are five airlines that operate year-round at the airport, and several others that operate seasonally or provide charter flights. A campus of the École nationale de l’aviation civile (French civil aviation university) is also located at the airport.
The airport resides at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13L/31R is 2,600 by 50 metres (8,530 ft × 164 ft) and 13R/31L is 1,100 by 30 metres (3,609 ft × 98 ft).
What are the closest Airports to Montpellier Mediterranee Airport (MPL)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Nîmes-Arles-Camargue Airport (Nimes, France - 26 miles)
- Alès-Deaux Airport (Ales, France - 35 miles)
- Béziers-Vias Airport (Beziers, France - 35 miles)
- La Grand’combe Airport (La Grand'Combe, France - 46 miles)
- Millau-Larzac Airport (Millau, France - 48 miles)
- Istres Le Tubé/Istres Air Base (BA 125) Airport (Istres, France - 48 miles)
- Avignon-Caumont Airport (Avignon, France - 52 miles)
- Salon-de-Provence (BA 701) Air Base (Salon, France - 57 miles)
- Orange-Caritat (BA 115) Air Base (Orange, France - 59 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Montpellier Mediterranee Airport
If you are travelling to France from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Montpellier Mediterranee Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Montpellier Mediterranee Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering France from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods