Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Leipzig Halle Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Leipzig Halle Airport
|Arrivals:||Leipzig Halle Airport (LEJ) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Leipzig Halle Airport (LEJ) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 14.99°C|
Wind: 5.7 k/h
Pressure: 1008 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
3.7 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.Been to Leipzig Halle Airport? Overall rating: Give it a review.
Leipzig/Halle Airport (IATA: LEJ, ICAO: EDDP) (German: Flughafen Leipzig/Halle) is an international airport located in Schkeuditz, Saxony and serves both Leipzig, Saxony and Halle, Saxony-Anhalt.
It is Germany’s 13th largest airport by passengers and handled more than 2.3 million passengers in 2015 mainly with flights to European leisure destinations. In terms of cargo traffic, the airport is the fifth-busiest in Europe and the second-busiest in Germany after Frankfurt Airport, having handled 863,665 metric tonnes of cargo in 2015. The airport serves as the main European hub for DHL Aviation and the main hub for AeroLogic. Also military installations have been built at the airport for NATO and EU military aircraft.
Click here for the official airport website.
Leipzig Halle Airport Duty Free Shops
Duty Free and luxury boutiques at this airport include:
- Airport market Ringeltaube
- Bistro “Ju 52”
- Christel D. shoes & fashion
- Eckert Presse & Buch
- Eckerts Convenience
- Gebr. Heinemann KG HEINEMANN Duty Free
- Marche Cliccadou Bar
- Marche Express Bar
- Marche Restaurant
- Panini Backshop
- Sparkasse Cash Machines
- Spiel-In Casino
- Volksbank Cash Machines
- Wiener Feinbacker / Bakery
Closest Airports To (LEJ)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Halle-Oppin Airport (Halle, Germany - 12 miles)
- Merseburg Airport (Muehlhausen, Germany - 13 miles)
- Roitzschjora Airport (Roitzschjora, Germany - 15 miles)
- Köthen Airport (Koethen, Germany - 24 miles)
- Dessau Airport (Dessau, Germany - 28 miles)
- Altenburg-Nobitz Airport (Altenburg, Germany - 33 miles)
- Allstedt Airport (Allstedt, Germany - 34 miles)
- Gera-Leumnitz Airport (Gera, Germany - 38 miles)
- Zerbst Airport (Zerbst/Anhalt, Germany - 40 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Leipzig Halle Airport
If you are travelling to Germany from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Leipzig Halle Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Leipzig Halle Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Germany from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods