CANADA. Paradies Lagardère is partnering with several Canadian airports to mark Remembrance Day on 11 November.
The travel retailer and restaurateur will honour veterans that have served their country by donating a percentage of sales at its stores on 10 and 11 November to the Royal Canadian Legion’s Poppy Trust Fund.
Through donations to the Poppy Trust Fund, the Royal Canadian Legion provides financial assistance and support to veterans, including Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, and their families. The Poppy Trust Fund supports food and heating costs, clothing, prescription medication, medical appliances and equipment, essential home repairs, and emergency shelter.
Paradies Lagardère raised more than US$14,000 for veterans last year.
More than 80 stores in 13 Canadian airports will participate this time, as listed below.
“Paradies Lagardère is committed to providing support to military personnel in both the USA and Canada,” said company President and CEO Gregg Paradies, “We’re excited to do this again this year. The Remembrance Day initiative in our Canadian airports, and our ongoing Treat Our Troops and Feed Our Troops programmes in our US airports, are just small tokens of appreciation for the service and sacrifice those in the military make.”
List of participating airports:
- Calgary International Airport
- Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- John’s International Airport
- Greater Moncton International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Ottawa International Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Regina International Airport
Participating stores include:
- Brooks Brothers
- PGA TOUR Shops