Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Yeager Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Yeager Airport (CRW)
|Address:||100 Airport Rd, Charleston, WV 25311, USA|
|Arrivals:||Yeager Airport (CRW) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Yeager Airport (CRW) Departures|
Wind: 2.06 k/h
Pressure: 1018 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Yeager Airport.
Yeager Airport (IATA: CRW, ICAO: KCRW, FAA LID: CRW) is a public airport three miles (6 km) east of downtown Charleston, in Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States. It is owned by the Central West Virginia Regional Airport Authority. The airport hosts McLaughlin Air National Guard Base, home to nine C-130 Hercules aircraft of the West Virginia Air National Guard’s 130th Airlift Wing (130 AW), an Air Mobility Command (AMC)-gained unit of the West Virginia Air National Guard.
The airport sits on a hilltop over 300 feet (about 100 m) above the valleys of the Elk and Kanawha Rivers, and the hill drops off sharply on all sides. Arriving passengers enjoy a view of downtown Charleston or the rolling hills north and east of the field. In March 2015 a landslide caused part of this hill to slip into the valley below. The area of the slide was part of an engineered fill of 1.5 million cubic yards of dirt, created in 2007. The slide destroyed part of the emergency overrun at the end of the runway, a few buildings, and covered a section of Keystone Drive. The runway was not affected.
Federal Aviation Administration records show 225,150 passenger enplanements in calendar year 2015, a decrease of 6.8% from the 241,566 enplanements in 2014. This airport is included in the FAA’s National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
What are the closest Airports to Yeager Airport (CRW)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Raleigh County Memorial Airport (Beckley, United States - 48 miles)
- Huntington Tri-State Airport (Huntington, United States - 52 miles)
- Kee Field (Pineville, United States - 53 miles)
- Ohio University Snyder Field (Athens, United States - 67 miles)
- Mid Ohio Valley Regional Airport (PARKERSBURG, United States - 68 miles)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (Lewisburg, United States - 74 miles)
- Mercer County Airport (Bluefield, United States - 77 miles)
- North Central West Virginia Airport (Clarksburg, United States - 97 miles)
- Elkins-Randolph Co-Jennings Randolph Field (Elkins, United States - 100 miles)