Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Tuxtla Gutiérrez International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Tuxtla Gutiérrez International Airport (TGZ)
|Address:||Francisco Sarabia, 29176 Chiapa de Corzo, Chis., Mexico|
|Phone:||+52 961 615 5060|
|Arrivals:||Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo Airport (TGZ) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Tuxtla AngelAlbinoCorzo Airport (TGZ) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 21°C|
Wind: 2.6 k/h
Pressure: 1022 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review Tuxtla Gutiérrez International Airport.
Ángel Albino Corzo International Airport (IATA: TGZ, ICAO: MMTG) (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional Ángel Albino Corzo), also known as Tuxtla Gutierrez International Airport, is an international airport serving the Mexican municipality of Chiapa de Corzo, Chiapas. It handles air traffic for the city of Tuxtla Gutiérrez and central Chiapas, including the popular tourist destination of San Cristóbal de las Casas.
It was inaugurated by President Vicente Fox and by the State’s Governor Pablo Salazar Mendiguchía on June 27, 2006, replacing the Francisco Sarabia National Airport. It is operated by Grupo Aeroportuario de Chiapas, a government-owned corporation.
The airport has capacity to handle 350 daily operations and 850,000 passengers per year, it comprises a concrete runway, a parallel taxiway, several hangars, a commercial aviation apron, a general aviation apron, a military base, and a state-of-the-art commercial terminal equipped with six glass jetways, two of which are capable of handling medium-large airliners such as the Boeing 767 and Airbus A330. To improve the airport’s capacity, the check-in and boarding gates areas will be expanded in 2017 to accommodate up to 140,000 passengers per month.
According to official statistics provided by Secretariat of Communications and Transportation, in 2016 the airport handled 1,272,689 passengers, an increase of 13.5% from 2015. It is among the fastest growing airports in Mexico, the busiest in the Southwestern region and the 14th in the country. The airport reached the million-passenger milestone for the first time on November 28, 2015.
Closest Airports To (TGZ)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Terán Air Base (Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico - 16 miles)
- San Cristobal de las Casas Airport (San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico - 34 miles)
- Villahermosa Rovirosa Perez Airport (Villahermosa, Mexico - 100 miles)
- Tapachula International Airport (Tapachula, Mexico - 130 miles)
- Ixtepec Airport (Iztepec, Mexico - 137 miles)
- Minatitlán/Coatzacoalcos National Airport (Minatitlan, Mexico - 148 miles)
- Quezaltenango Airport (Quezaltenango, Guatemala - 155 miles)
- Santa Cruz del Quiche Airport (Santa Cruz des Quiche, Guatemala - 165 miles)
- Ciudad del Carmen International Airport (Ciudad Del Carmen, Mexico - 165 miles)