Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Tripoli Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Tripoli Airport (TIP)
|Address:||طريق المطار، Qaser Bin Ghashir, Libya|
|Arrivals:||Tripoli Airport (TIP) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Tripoli Airport (TIP) Departures|
Wind: 4.35 k/h
Pressure: 1020 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Tripoli Airport.
Tripoli Airport (IATA: TIP, ICAO: HLLT) (Arabic: مطار طرابلس العالمي) is an international airport built to serve the capital city of Libya. The airport is located in the area of Qasr bin Ghashir 34 kilometers (21 miles) from central Tripoli. As part of the 2014 Libyan Civil War, the airport was heavily damaged in the Battle of Tripoli Airport. It used to be the hub for Libyan Airlines, Afriqiyah Airways and Buraq Air.
The airport has been closed intermittently since 2011 and as of early 2016, flights to and from Tripoli have been using Mitiga Airport instead. As of August 2014, the heavily damaged airport is being demolished.
What are the closest Airports to Tripoli Airport (TIP)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Mitiga Airport (Tripoli, Libya - 17 miles)
- Djerba Zarzis International Airport (Djerba, Tunisia - 160 miles)
- Remada Air Base (Remada, Tunisia - 164 miles)
- Gabès Matmata International Airport (Gabes, Tunisia - 194 miles)
- Lampedusa Airport (Lampedusa, Italy - 198 miles)
- Sfax Thyna International Airport (Sfax, Tunisia - 200 miles)
- Gardabya Airport (Sirt, Libya - 231 miles)
- Malta Airport (Malta, Malta - 233 miles)
- El Borma Airport (El Borma, Tunisia - 239 miles)