Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Tirupati Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Tirupati Airport (TIR)
|Address:||Renigunta Airport Road, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517520, India|
|Phone:||+91 877 227 5354|
|Arrivals:||Tirupati Airport (TIR) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Tirupati Airport (TIR) Departures|
Wind: 3.09 k/h
Pressure: 1007 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Tirupati Airport.
Tirupati Airport (IATA: TIR, ICAO: VOTP) is a domestic airport in Renigunta, a part of Tirupati, in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The airport has been granted an upgrade to international by the Government of India. It is 2.8 km (1.7 mi) away from National Highway 71 (Previously NH-205) and 16 km (9.9 mi) from north Tirupati and 39 km (24 mi) from Venkateswara Temple, Tirumala.
A new integrated terminal referred to as Garuda Terminal was constructed adjacent to the existing domestic terminal in an area of 16,500 square metres (178,000 sq ft) at a cost of ₹1.75 billion (US$25 million). It can handle 500 domestic and 200 international passengers at a time. The foundation stone was laid in October 2010 by Manmohan Singh, then Prime Minister of India. Construction began in 2012, and the terminal was inaugurated on 22 October 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The new terminal has 18 check-in-counters, four immigration counters, four baggage conveyors for arrival and one for departure, three baggage claim carousels, two VIP lounges, and parking area for 250 cars.
What are the closest Airports to Tirupati Airport (TIR)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Chennai Madras Airport (Madras, India - 61 miles)
- Cuddapah Airport (Cuddapah, India - 80 miles)
- Pondicherry Airport (Pendicherry, India - 116 miles)
- Sri Sathya Sai Airport (Puttaparthi, India - 123 miles)
- Kempegowda Airport (Bangalore, India - 127 miles)
- HAL Airport (Bangalore, India - 135 miles)
- Salem Airport (Salem, India - 162 miles)
- Nagarjuna Sagar Airport (Nagarjunsagar, India - 202 miles)
- Tanjore Air Force Base (Tanjore, India - 203 miles)