Teesside International Airport duty free

Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Teesside International Airport Airport Duty Free shopping.

About Teesside International Airport (MME)

Address: Darlington DL2 1LU
City: Teesside
Country: United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1325 332811
Website: https://www.teessideinternational.com/
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/teesairport
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeessideInternational/
Arrivals: Durham Tees Valley Airport (MME) Arrivals
Departures: Durham Tees Valley Airport (MME) Departures
Weather Temperature: 6.53°C
Conditions: Clouds
Humidity: 79%
Wind: 4.63 k/h
Pressure: 998 hpa
Latitude/Longitude 54.50920105, -1.429409981
Map: Click to view airport map
Teesside International Airport duty free
3.6 rating based on 12,345 ratings
Overall rating: 3.6 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.
Been to Teesside International Airport? Give it a review.


Teesside International Airport (IATA: MME, ICAO: EGNV) is an international airport located just east of Darlington in County Durham, north-east England, about 10 mi (16 km) south-west of Middlesbrough and 24 mi (39 km) south of Durham. The airport serves County Durham and of North Yorkshire, and is situated close to the village of Middleton St George in County Durham.

Teesside International Airport is one of the United Kingdom’s smaller airports, offering links to three domestic/European destinations. The airport has a CAA Public Use Aerodrome Licence (number P518) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers and for flying instruction. Originally an RAF Station, the airfield became Teesside International Airport in the 1960s and was renamed Durham Tees Valley Airport in 2004, though it is still commonly known by its previous name.

The majority shareholder in the airport is Peel Airports Ltd which owns 89%, while the remaining 11% is owned by a consortium of local authorities, consisting of County Durham, Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Redcar and Cleveland Borough Councils.

  • WH Smith


What are the closest Airports to Teesside International Airport (MME)?

Here are the 10 closest airports to .

Duty Free Allowance at Teesside International Airport

If you are travelling to United Kingdom from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).

What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Teesside International Airport from inside the EU

Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:

  • 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
  • 110 litres of beer
  • 10 litres of spirits
  • 90 litres of wine
  • 20 litres of fortified wine

What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Teesside International Airport from outside the EU

If you are entering United Kingdom from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).

  • 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
  • 4 litres of still wine
  • 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
  • 16 litres of beer
  • up to £390 worth of all other goods
Teesside International Airport Reviews

Teesside International Airport duty free
Basic airport, but with good bus service to Darlington BR.
- Joseph Gallagher

Teesside International Airport duty free
It's on my doorstep . . . just wish it had a few more options.
- Steve Kirwan

Teesside International Airport duty free
Small but pleasant airport
- Joseph Kennedy
Review Title
Review Content
Map of Teesside International Airport

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *