Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Sheridan County Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Sheridan County Airport (SHR)
|Address:||908 W Brundage Ln, Sheridan, WY 82801, USA|
|Arrivals:||Sheridan County Airport (SHR) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Sheridan County Airport (SHR) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: -3.57°C|
Wind: 1.31 k/h
Pressure: 1013 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review Sheridan County Airport.
Sheridan County Airport (IATA: SHR, ICAO: KSHR, FAA LID: SHR) is a county owned, public use airport in Sheridan County, Wyoming, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Sheridan, Wyoming. The airport is mainly used for general aviation.
Sheridan once again has scheduled passenger service with nonstop flights to Denver (DEN) operated by Key Lime Air as Denver Air Connection using 30 seat Fairchild Dornier 328JET regional jet aircraft. Recent past air service was subsidized by the federal Essential Air Service program until February 2007, when Big Sky Airlines began providing subsidy free service The Big Sky service was suspended in January 2008 when this air carrier went out of business. Great Lakes Airlines was the only other carrier serving Sheridan however this carrier abruptly ceased all flights on March 31, 2015 due to a lack of pilots created by recently implemented stringent rules placed on airline pilot qualifications. Many Sheridan residents were confused regarding the lack of replacement service, believing that service to Sheridan was still subsidized under Essential Air Service. Federal law had been changed in 2012 so that once Sheridan County had left the EAS program, it could not re-enter it and any future commercial air service to Sheridan will be not be funded by EAS.
Closest Airports To (SHR)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Worland Municipal Airport (Worland, United States - 74 miles)
- Gillette Campbell County Airport (Gillette, United States - 77 miles)
- Yellowstone Regional Airport (Cody, United States - 102 miles)
- Billings Logan Airport (Billings, United States - 104 miles)
- Frank Wiley Field (Miles City, United States - 126 miles)
- Casper Natrona County Airport (Casper, United States - 131 miles)
- Riverton Regional Airport (Riverton WY, United States - 140 miles)
- Black Hills Airport-Clyde Ice Field (Spearfish-South Dakota, United States - 159 miles)
- Big Timber Airport (Big Timber, United States - 161 miles)