Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Port Hedland International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Port Hedland International Airport (PHE)
|Address:||Great Northern Hwy, Port Hedland WA 6721, Australia|
|Arrivals:||Port Hedland International Airport (PHE) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Port Hedland International Airport (PHE) Departures|
Wind: 2.57 k/h
Pressure: 1014 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Port Hedland International Airport.
Port Hedland International Airport (IATA: PHE, ICAO: YPPD) is an airport serving Port Hedland, Western Australia. The airport is 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) south-east of Port Hedland and 11 km (6.8 mi) from South Hedland and is owned by the Town of Port Hedland Council. It is an important airport for passengers who work in the mining industry.
The airport has undergone a number of upgrades. Stage one of works include the extension of an existing taxiway and installation of new lighting, the construction of a new taxiway, widening of taxiway intersections and the extension of the domestic and international arrivals and departures area. This was to be completed by the end of July 2011. A further upgrade occurred in 2013.
Between 2008 and 2014, passenger movements more than doubled as a result of increased fly-in fly-out activity to the Pilbara during the mining boom.
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines previously operated flights to Denpasar which were suspended in 2014, the Denpasar flight resumed on 4 April 2015 and is operated by Virgin Australia.
In July 2015, the Town of Port Hedland agreed to lease the airport to AMP Capital and Infrastructure Capital Group for 50 years. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
What are the closest Airports to Port Hedland International Airport (PHE)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Karratha Airport (Karratha, Australia - 122 miles)
- Fortescue – Dave Forrest Aerodrome (Cloudbreak, Australia - 142 miles)
- Coondewanna Airport (Coondewanna, Australia - 179 miles)
- Paraburdoo Airport (Paraburdoo, Australia - 201 miles)
- Barrow Island Airport (Barrow Island, Australia - 211 miles)
- Newman Airport (Newman, Australia - 223 miles)
- Onslow Airport (Onslow, Australia - 243 miles)
- Telfer Airport (Telfer, Australia - 249 miles)
- Broome International Airport (Broome, Australia - 291 miles)