Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Pajala Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Pajala Airport (PJA)
|Address:||Mommankangas, 984 91 Pajala, Sweden|
|Phone:||+46 978 511 10|
|Arrivals:||Pajala Airport (PJA) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Pajala Airport (PJA) Departures|
Wind: 1.03 k/h
Pressure: 996 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Pajala Airport.
Pajala Airport (IATA: PJA, ICAO: ESUP) is an airport in Pajala, Sweden.
The airport was opened for regular traffic in 1999. Before that, Pajala was said to be the most inaccessible municipality centre in Sweden, with around 5 hours travel time from central Stockholm (with propeller flight to Gällivare Airport, hand luggage only, and a 140 km journey by car from Gällivare to Pajala). A political principle was established at the time saying that there should be maximum four hours travel time between central Stockholm and any municipality centre, in order to make one-day business travel possible.
The runway was extended by 880 metres (2,890 ft) to 2,302 metres (7,552 ft) in 2007, to be able to handle larger charter aircraft. Beginning in December 2013, the airport has been used for several charter flights per year from the United Kingdom for tourists wishing to see a white Christmas.
What are the closest Airports to Pajala Airport (PJA)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Kittilä Airport (Kittila, Finland - 56 miles)
- Gällivare Airport (Gallivare, Sweden - 61 miles)
- Enontekio Airport (Enontekio, Finland - 78 miles)
- Kiruna Airport (Kiruna, Sweden - 82 miles)
- Kalixfors Airport (Kalixfors, Sweden - 82 miles)
- Rovaniemi Lapland Airport (Rovaniemi, Finland - 89 miles)
- Sodankyla Airport (Sodankyla, Finland - 95 miles)
- Jokkmokk Airport (Jokkmokk, Sweden - 96 miles)
- Kemi-Tornio Airport (Kemi, Finland - 110 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Pajala Airport
If you are travelling to Sweden from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Pajala Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Pajala Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Sweden from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods