Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Owen Roberts International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM)
|Address:||Roberts Dr, George Town, Cayman Islands|
|Arrivals:||Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) Departures|
Wind: 0.45 k/h
Pressure: 1014 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Owen Roberts International Airport.
Owen Roberts International Airport (IATA: GCM, ICAO: MWCR) is an airport serving Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. It is the main international airport for the Cayman Islands as well as the main base for Cayman Airways. The airport is named after British Royal Air Force (RAF) Wing Commander Owen Roberts, a pioneer of commercial aviation in the country, and is one of the two entrance ports to the Cayman Islands.
Owen Roberts International Airport was the only international airport remaining in the Caribbean to have an open-air observation “waving gallery” until January 2017 when it was closed due to reconstruction. The new upgraded Owen Roberts International Airport terminal will no longer have an observation “waving gallery”.
The runway length includes a 130 metres (430 ft) displaced threshold on Runway 26. The Grand Cayman non-directional beacon (Ident: ZIY) is located 1.1 nautical miles (2.0 km) short of the approach threshold of Runway 08. The Grand Cayman VOR/DME (Ident: GCM) is located 0.25 nautical miles (460 m) short of Runway 08.
What airlines have a hub at Owen Roberts International Airport?
What are the closest Airports to Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Edward Bodden Airfield (Little Cayman, Cayman Islands - 86 miles)
- Gerrard Smith International Airport (Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands - 100 miles)
- Vilo Acuña International Airport (Cayo Largo del Sur, Cuba - 161 miles)
- Siguanea Airport (Siguanea, Cuba - 192 miles)
- Alberto Delgado Airport (Trinidad, Cuba - 193 miles)
- Rafael Cabrera Airport (Nueva Gerona, Cuba - 198 miles)
- Jaime Gonzalez Airport (Cienfuegos, Cuba - 206 miles)
- Negril Airport (Negril, Jamaica - 209 miles)
- Sancti Spiritus Airport (Sancti Spiritus, Cuba - 222 miles)