Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Ovda International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Ovda International Airport (VDA)
|Arrivals:||Ovda International Airport (VDA) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Ovda International Airport (VDA) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 35°C |
Wind: 3.09 k/h
Pressure: 1007 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Reviews:||No reviews. |
Click here to be the first to review Ovda International Airport.
Ovda Airport (Hebrew: נְמַל הַתְּעוּפָה עֻבְדָּה, Nemal HaTe’ufa Uvda; Arabic: مطار عوفدا) (IATA: VDA, ICAO: LLOV) is a military air base and civilian airport in the Uvda region of southern Israel, about 60 km (37 mi) north of the city of Eilat. It is the country’s second international airport.
Ovda was originally built as a military airport in 1980 following Israel’s withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula as part of the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty because the Israeli Air Force needed alternative airfields to its Sinai bases. Nowadays, in addition to Air Force traffic, the airport also serves as the destination for many commercial flights to Eilat, especially for large aircraft which cannot use the shorter runway and limited apron space at Eilat Airport.
The airport is expected to cease civilian flights once Eilat’s new international airport in Timna opens.
What are the closest Airports to Ovda International Airport (VDA)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Aqaba King Hussein International Airport (Aqaba, Jordan - 23 miles)
- Taba International Airport (Taba, Egypt - 26 miles)
- Eilat Airport (Elat, Israel - 26 miles)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (Eyn-yahav, Israel - 50 miles)
- Ramon Air Base (Ramon, Israel - 60 miles)
- Nevatim Air Base (Nevatim, Israel - 88 miles)
- El Gora Airport (El Gorah, Egypt - 91 miles)
- Beersheba (Teyman) Airport (Beer-sheba, Israel - 94 miles)
- Yasser Arafat International Airport (Gaza, Palestine - 98 miles)