Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Memmingen Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Memmingen Airport (FMM)
|Address:||Am Flughafen 42, 87766 Memmingerberg, Germany|
|Phone:||+49 8331 9842000|
|Arrivals:||Memmingen Allgau Airport (FMM) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Memmingen Allgau Airport (FMM) Departures|
Wind: 5.14 k/h
Pressure: 1015 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Memmingen Airport.
Memmingen Airport (IATA: FMM, ICAO: EDJA), also known as Allgäu-Airport Memmingen, is an international airport in the town of Memmingerberg near Memmingen, in the Swabia region of Germany. It is the smallest of the three commercial airports in Bavaria after Munich Airport and Nuremberg Airport and has the highest altitude of any commercial airport in Germany. It is operated by Allgäu Airport GmbH & Co. KG, a limited partnership of 71 mostly local, medium-sized companies with only minor public shares.
Located about 3.8 km (2.4 mi) from the centre of Memmingen and 110 km (68 mi) from the city centre of Munich, it serves Memmingen and the Allgäu area and also provides a low-cost alternative to Munich Airport and therefore is sometimes referred to as Memmingen/Munich-West Airport or similar by some low-cost airlines, despite the fact that it is 110 kilometres from the centre of Munich. It mostly features flights to European leisure and some metropolitan destinations and handled nearly 1,18 million passengers in 2017.
What are the closest Airports to Memmingen Airport (FMM)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Tannheim Airport (Tannheim, Germany - 7 miles)
- Leutkirch-Unterzeil Airport (Leutkirch, Germany - 14 miles)
- Mindelheim-Mattsies Airport (Mindelheim, Germany - 15 miles)
- Laupheim Air Base (Laupheim, Germany - 22 miles)
- Biberach a.d. Riß Airport (Biberach, Germany - 24 miles)
- Landsberg Lech Air Base (Landsberg, Germany - 31 miles)
- Lechfeld Airport (Lechfeld, Germany - 32 miles)
- Mengen-Hohentengen Airport (Mengen, Germany - 40 miles)
- Friedrichshafen Airport (Friedrichshafen, Germany - 40 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Memmingen Airport
If you are travelling to Germany from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Memmingen Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Memmingen Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Germany from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods