Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Marsh Harbour International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Marsh Harbour International Airport (MHH)
|Address:||Marsh Harbour, The Bahamas|
|Arrivals:||Marsh Harbour International Airport (MHH) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Marsh Harbour International Airport (MHH) Departures|
Wind: 3.52 k/h
Pressure: 1021 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Marsh Harbour International Airport.
Leonard M. Thompson International Airport, formerly known as The Marsh Harbour International Airport (IATA: MHH, ICAO: MYAM), is an airport serving Marsh Harbour, a town in the Abaco Islands, The Bahamas.
Marsh Harbour is a major tourist attraction. The airport offers services to Nassau and some cities in Florida, USA. In 2007 a new runway was built to allow larger, regional jets to operate from Marsh Harbour. A new airport terminal was opened on 27 May 2014.
The airport has an elevation of 6 ft (1.8 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway, designated 09/27, that has an asphalt surface measuring 1,859.3 m × 30 m (6,100 ft × 98 ft). In 2006 the old runway was converted into a taxiway after 6,100 ft (1,859 m) runway has opened. The new Leonard M. Thompson International Airport terminal opened on 27 May 2014 after three years of construction.
The new terminal incorporates architectural elements that reflect culture of The Bahamas. The new 51,000-square-foot terminal has 22 counter positions, a new luggage scanning system, pilot briefing room, two restaurants, one lounge, shops, and a public parking area.
Marsh Harbour International Airport was renamed the Leonard M. Thompson International Airport on May 25, 2016. Thompson was a son of Hope Town and a prominent aviator who was a bomber pilot for the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) during World War II.
What are the closest Airports to Marsh Harbour International Airport (MHH)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Treasure Cay Airport (Treasure Cay, Bahamas - 25 miles)
- Sandy Point Airport (Sandy Point, Bahamas - 40 miles)
- Great Harbour Cay Airport (Bullocks Harbour, Bahamas - 71 miles)
- North Eleuthera Airport (North Eleuthera, Bahamas - 76 miles)
- Chub Cay Airport (Chub Cay, Bahamas - 91 miles)
- Abaco I Walker C Airport (Walker's Cay, Bahamas - 96 miles)
- Governor’s Harbour Airport (Governor's Harbor, Bahamas - 97 miles)
- Nassau Paradise Island Airport (Nassau, Bahamas - 100 miles)
- Grand Bahama International Airport (Freeport, Bahamas - 100 miles)