Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Luxor International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Luxor International Airport (LXR)
|Address:||Monshaat Al Amari, Luxor, Luxor Governorate, Egypt|
|Phone:||+20 95 2324455|
|Arrivals:||Luxor International Airport (LXR) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Luxor International Airport (LXR) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 33°C|
Wind: 4.1 k/h
Pressure: 1008 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
Click here to be the first to review Luxor International Airport.
Luxor International Airport (IATA: LXR, ICAO: HELX) is the main airport serving the city of Luxor, Egypt. It is located four miles (6 km) east of the city. Many charter airlines use the airport, as it is a popular tourist destination for those visiting the River Nile and the Valley of the Kings.
In 2005 the airport was upgraded to accommodate up to 8 million passengers a year. Facilities for passengers include 48 check-in desks, 8 gates, 5 baggage claim belts, a post office, a bank, a Bureau de change, an auto exchange machine (CIB), restaurants, cafeterias, a VIP Lounge, a duty-free shop, a newsagent/tobacconist, a chemist shop, a gift shop, a travel agency, a tourist help desk, car rental, first aid, a baby/parent Room, disabled access/facilities and a business centre.
Facilities for cargo include refrigerated storage, animal quarantine, livestock handling, health officials, X-Ray equipment, and fumigation equipment. The cargo terminal handling agent for the airport is EgyptAir Cargo.
Closest Airports To (LXR)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Sohag International Airport (Sohag, Egypt - 76 miles)
- Marsa Alam International Airport (Marsa Alam, Egypt - 117 miles)
- Aswan International Airport (Aswan, Egypt - 118 miles)
- Hurghada Airport (Hurghada, Egypt - 124 miles)
- Assiut International Airport (Asyut, Egypt - 141 miles)
- El Tor Airport (El-tor, Egypt - 184 miles)
- Sharm el-Sheikh Airport (Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - 190 miles)
- St Catherine International Airport (St. Catherine, Egypt - 224 miles)
- Al Wajh Domestic Airport (Wejh, Saudi Arabia - 237 miles)