Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Karpathos Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Karpathos Airport (AOK)
|Address:||Karpathos 857 00, Greece|
|Arrivals:||Karpathos Airport (AOK) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Karpathos Airport (AOK) Departures|
Wind: 9.09 k/h
Pressure: 1005 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Karpathos Airport.
Karpathos Island National Airport (IATA: AOK, ICAO: LGKP) is an airport in the island of Karpathos, Greece. The airport first operated in 1970 and it had very limited facilities (a small building of only 500 m2). Today its buildings cover an area of 12,500 m2. The current airport facilities were constructed between 2005-2009. The inauguration of the new airport terminal took place on 25 July 2009. A bus route connects directly Karpathos Airport and the capital of the island Pigadia. Taxis are also available at the designated Taxi waiting area.
What are the closest Airports to Karpathos Airport (AOK)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Kasos Airport (Kasos, Greece - 13 miles)
- Sitia Airport (Sitia, Greece - 61 miles)
- Maritsa Airport (Rhodos, Greece - 85 miles)
- Rhodes Airport (Rhodos, Greece - 86 miles)
- Astypalaia Airport (Astypalaia, Greece - 91 miles)
- Kos Hippocrates Airport (Kos, Greece - 95 miles)
- Kasteli Airport (Kasteli, Greece - 104 miles)
- Kalymnos Airport (Kalymnos, Greece - 107 miles)
- Heraklion Airport (Heraklion, Greece - 111 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Karpathos Airport
If you are travelling to Greece from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Karpathos Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Karpathos Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Greece from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods