Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport (FNC)
|Address:||9100-105 Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal|
|Phone:||+351 291 520 700|
|Arrivals:||Madeira Funchal Airport (FNC) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Madeira Funchal Airport (FNC) Departures|
Wind: 1.03 k/h
Pressure: 1019 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
4.5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.Been to Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport? Overall rating: Give it a review.
Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport, previously known as Madeira Airport (Portuguese: Aeroporto da Madeira), informally also known as Funchal Airport (Aeroporto do Funchal) (IATA: FNC, ICAO: LPMA), is an international airport in the civil parish of Santa Cruz, in the Portuguese archipelago and autonomous region of Madeira. The airport is located 13.2 km (8.2 mi) east-northeast of the regional capital Funchal after which it is sometimes informally named. It mostly hosts flights to European metropolitan destinations due to the importance of Madeira as a leisure destination. It is the fourth busiest airport in Portugal.
The airport is considered one of the most peculiarly perilous airports in the world due to its location and its spectacular runway construction. The History Channel program Most Extreme Airports ranked it as the ninth most dangerous airport in the world, and the third most dangerous in Europe after Gibraltar International Airport and Courchevel Altiport.
The airport was renamed Madeira Airport – Cristiano Ronaldo in honour of Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, who was born on the island. The unveiling of the rebranded terminal took place on 29 March 2017.
What Duty Free Shops & Restaurants are at Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport?
Duty Free and luxury boutiques at this airport include:
- BordalGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Cafe Do AeroportoGeneralGate/Area: Floor 1
- Chocolate LoungeGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Cores DocesGeneralGate/Area: Floor 1
- Cores DocesGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Fashion GateGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Flowers in the airGeneralGate/Area: Floor 1
- Football GateGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Gifts2GoGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Just For TravellersGeneralGate/Area: Floor 0
- Just For TravellersGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Just LuxuryGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- KiodeltaGeneralGate/Area: Floor 1
- Madeira WineGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Quiosque BoundiGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- RelayGeneralGate/Area: Floor 1
- RelayGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Restaurante do AeroportoGeneralGate/Area: Floor 3
- SegurelhaGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Travel & Business GateGeneralGate/Area: Floor 2
- Welcome CafeGeneralGate/Area: Floor 0
- Welcome HomeGeneralGate/Area: Floor 0
What are the closest Airports to Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport (FNC)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Porto Santo Airport (Porto Santo, Portugal - 36 miles)
- La Palma Airport (Santa Cruz De La Palma, Spain - 288 miles)
- Tenerife North Airport (Tenerife, Spain - 292 miles)
- Tenerife South Airport (Tenerife, Spain - 322 miles)
- Lanzarote Airport (Arrecife, Spain - 322 miles)
- La Gomera Airport (La Gomera, Spain - 324 miles)
- Gran Canaria Airport (Gran Canaria, Spain - 340 miles)
- Fuerteventura Airport (Fuerteventura, Spain - 343 miles)
- El Hierro Airport (Hierro, Spain - 344 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport
If you are travelling to Portugal from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Portugal from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods