British Airways has launched a new app for members of its Executive Club frequent flyer programme.
The Reward app is available for Apple and Android devices, and enables members to:
- view account details and access statements
- view the last five transactions
- view the latest Avios deals
- view how many more Avios are needed to book reward flights to different destinations
- access and make purchases through the British Airways Avios eStore
- The new app will sit alongside the existing British Airways app, and the carrier said that more features are planned to be added “over the coming months”.
Commenting on the news Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said:
“We want to offer members more choice in how they interact with the British Airways Executive Club.
“The app is a great way that members can manage their balance and stay up-to-date with the latest ways to collect and spend Avios anywhere in the world. And with handy tools like the ability to see how many Avios are needed to book reward flights, we hope it’ll help members make the most of their balances.”
The move comes as Avios is in the midst of closing its Travel Rewards Programme in the UK, with members holding accounts at avios.com seeing them moved into existing or new accounts within the British Airways Executive Club.
Original source - Breaking Travel News