Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Barbados Grantley Adams Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Barbados Grantley Adams Airport
|Address:||Airport Access Rd, Barbados|
|Arrivals:||Barbados Grantley Adams Airport (BGI) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Barbados Grantley Adams Airport (BGI) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 28°C|
Wind: 6.69 k/h
Pressure: 1014 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Hotels:||Click to view nearest hotels|
3.6 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.Been to Barbados Grantley Adams Airport? Overall rating: Give it a review.
Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) (IATA: BGI, ICAO: TBPB) is the international airport of Barbados, located in Seawell, Christ Church. It is the only designated port of entry for persons arriving and departing by air in Barbados and operates as a major gateway to the Eastern Caribbean. The airport has direct service to destinations in the United States, Canada, Central America, South America and Europe and serves as the second hub for LIAT. In 2015, the airport was the 9th busiest airport in the Caribbean region and the 2nd busiest airport in the Lesser Antilles. The airport is also an important air-link for cruise ship passengers departing and arriving at the Port of Bridgetown, and a base of operations for the Regional Security System (RSS), and the Regional (Caribbean) Police Training Centre.
The airport’s former name was Seawell Airport before being dedicated posthumously in honour of the first Premier of Barbados, Sir Grantley Herbert Adams in 1976. The airport’s timezone is GMT −4 and is in World Area Code region No. 246 (by the US Department of Transportation). It was a hub for now-defunct Barbadian carriers Caribbean Airways and REDjet, the home for the charter carrier West Indies Executive Air, and former home to the flight training school Coconut Airways.
Closest Airports To (BGI)
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport (Hewandorra, Saint Lucia - 108 miles)
- Mustique Airport (Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 114 miles)
- E. T. Joshua Airport (Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 116 miles)
- J F Mitchell Airport (Bequia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 119 miles)
- George F. L. Charles Airport (Castries, Saint Lucia - 120 miles)
- Canouan Airport (Canouan Island, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 127 miles)
- Union Island International Airport (Union Island, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 134 miles)
- Martinique Aime Cesaire Airport (Fort-de-france, Martinique - 146 miles)
- Tobago ANR Robinson Airport (Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago - 161 miles)