Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Aurel Vlaicu International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Aurel Vlaicu International Airport (BBU)
|Address:||OP 18, Șoseaua București-Ploiești 40, București 013695, Romania|
|Phone:||+40 21 232 0020|
|Arrivals:||Băneasa International Airport (BBU) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Băneasa International Airport (BBU) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 19.45°C |
Wind: 4.12 k/h
Pressure: 1011 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Reviews:||No reviews. |
Click here to be the first to review Aurel Vlaicu International Airport.
Bucharest Aurel Vlaicu Airport (IATA: BBU, ICAO: LRBS) (largely known as Băneasa Airport or Bucharest City Airport) is located in Băneasa district, Bucharest, Romania, 8.5 km (5.3 mi) north of the city center. Named after Aurel Vlaicu, a Romanian engineer, inventor, aeroplane constructor and early pilot, it was Bucharest’s only airport until 1969, when the Otopeni Airport (today Henri Coandă International Airport) was opened to civilian use.
Until March 2012, when it was converted into a business airport, Aurel Vlaicu International was the second airport in Romania in terms of air traffic, and Bucharest’s low-cost hub.
What are the closest Airports to Aurel Vlaicu International Airport (BBU)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Bucharest Airport (Bucharest, Romania - 5 miles)
- Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport (Gorna Orechovica, Bulgaria - 95 miles)
- Dolna Mitropoliya Air Base (Dolna Mitropoliya, Bulgaria - 108 miles)
- Craiova Airport (Craiova, Romania - 110 miles)
- Mihail Kogălniceanu Airport (Constanta, Romania - 118 miles)
- Varna Airport (Varna, Bulgaria - 123 miles)
- Balchik Air Base (Balchik, Bulgaria - 128 miles)
- Tuzla Romania Airport (Tuzla, Romania - 130 miles)
- Sibiu Airport (Sibiu, Romania - 131 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Aurel Vlaicu International Airport
If you are travelling to Romania from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Aurel Vlaicu International Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Aurel Vlaicu International Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Romania from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods