Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Asmara International Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Asmara International Airport (ASM)
|Address:||Hday St, Asmara, Eritrea|
|Phone:||+291 1 181 241|
|Arrivals:||Asmara International Airport (ASM) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Asmara International Airport (ASM) Departures|
Wind: 1.2 k/h
Pressure: 1012 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Asmara International Airport.
Asmara International Airport is the international airport of Asmara, the capital of Eritrea. It is the country’s largest airport and, as of Spring 2017, the only one receiving regularly scheduled services.
The airport has capacity restrictions due to its small terminal, short runway and high 1.5-mile (2300m.) altitude. Consequently, some large jet aircraft (like an A380, MD-11 or 747) cannot fly to the airport. Unsuitable aircraft would instead need to use the Massawa International Airport on the Eritrean coast. Lufthansa, however, operated Airbus A340 aircraft on a FRA-JED-ASM service as recently as 2012.
What are the closest Airports to Asmara International Airport (ASM)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Massawa International Airport (Massawa, Eritrea - 40 miles)
- Axum Airport (Axum, Ethiopia - 80 miles)
- Mekele Airport (Makale, Ethiopia - 133 miles)
- Humera Airport (Humera, Ethiopia - 172 miles)
- Kassala Airport (Kassala, Sudan - 172 miles)
- Gonder Airport (Gondar, Ethiopia - 216 miles)
- Lalibella Airport (Lalibella, Ethiopia - 229 miles)
- Debre Tabor Airport (Debre Tabor, Ethiopia - 238 miles)
- Jizan Regional Airport (Gizan, Saudi Arabia - 267 miles)