Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Araxos Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Araxos Airport (GPA)
|Address:||West Achaea 270 52, Greece|
|Arrivals:||Araxos Airport (GPA) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Araxos Airport (GPA) Departures|
|Weather|| Temperature: 22.65°C |
Wind: 1.54 k/h
Pressure: 1012 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
|Reviews:||No reviews. |
Click here to be the first to review Araxos Airport.
Araxos Airport (Greek: Αεροδρόμιο Αράξου) (IATA: GPA, ICAO: LGRX) is the airport of Patras, the third-largest city in Greece. It serves as a combined civilian and military airport and is located near the namesaking village of Araxos, Achaea. It is also known as Agamemnon Airport and primarily is used as an active air base for the Hellenic Air Force, with some civilian services to European destinations during the summer months. The airport facilities were very limited till the year 2007 when the construction of a new 1,477 m2 arrivals building was completed. Today the airport terminal covers a total area of 2,300 m2.
What are the closest Airports to Araxos Airport (GPA)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Andravida Air Base (Andravida, Greece - 17 miles)
- Agrinion Air Base (Agrinion, Greece - 31 miles)
- Zakynthos Airport (Zakynthos, Greece - 40 miles)
- Kefallinia Airport (Keffallinia, Greece - 50 miles)
- Aktion National Airport (Preveza, Greece - 64 miles)
- Tripolis Airport (Tripolis, Greece - 69 miles)
- Kalamata Airport (Kalamata, Greece - 82 miles)
- Sparti Airport (Sparti, Greece - 102 miles)
- Nea Anchialos Airport (Nea Anghialos, Greece - 104 miles)
Duty Free Allowance at Araxos Airport
If you are travelling to Greece from a country within the EU, then you can bring in an unlimited amount of goods that you have bought in that country as long as the price you paid included tax and the goods are for your own personal use (this also includes items that you intend to be gifts).
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Araxos Airport from inside the EU
Despite there not being a limit on the amount of alcoholic and tobacco goods that you can bring in from a country in the EU, if you have goods that are more than the following guidelines, then there is a good chance that you will be questioned by a Customs Officer about what you intend to do with the goods:
- 800 cigarettes, 200 cigars, or 1 kg of tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine
What are the limits on duty free cigarettes/alcohol at Araxos Airport from outside the EU
If you are entering Greece from a country outside of the EU, then your allowance changes to the amounts listed below. Again, these must be for your own personal use. If you intend to sell the goods or if you go over these allowances, then you may have to pay duty and/or tax).
- 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still wine
- 1 litre of alcohol over 22% volume or 2 litres of alcohol less than 22% volume
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods