Welcome to Duty Free Information, your hub for information on all the duty free and luxury shopping available at the world’s leading airports. Here you will find all the information you need for Alexandria Airport Duty Free shopping.
About Alexandria Airport (AEX)
|Address:||1100 Frank Andrews Blvd, Alexandria, LA 71303, USA|
|Arrivals:||Alexandria England Airpark Airport (AEX) Arrivals|
|Departures:||Alexandria England Airpark Airport (AEX) Departures|
Wind: 1.54 k/h
Pressure: 1016 hpa
|Map:||Click to view airport map|
Click here to be the first to review Alexandria Airport.
Alexandria International Airport (IATA: AEX, ICAO: KAEX, FAA LID: AEX) is a public use airport located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) west of the central business district of Alexandria, in Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States. The airport is operated by the England Authority, also known as the England Economic and Industrial Development District, an independent political subdivision of the State of Louisiana. Although international commercial flight operations are not conducted, charter flights for the U.S. military to international destinations are routinely conducted from the airfield with this activity including the transportation of U.S. troops to overseas locations.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport. As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 142,223 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 154,736 enplanements in 2009, and 179,129 in 2010.
Prior to 1992, the facility was known as England Air Force Base, which was a front-line United States Air Force base which was opened during World War II and was used during the Cold War.
What are the closest Airports to Alexandria Airport (AEX)?
Here are the 10 closest airports to .
- Esler Regional Airport (Alexandria, United States - 16 miles)
- Polk Army Air Field (Fort Polk, United States - 43 miles)
- Beauregard Regional Airport (Deridder, United States - 58 miles)
- Lafayette Regional Airport (Lafayette, United States - 84 miles)
- Monroe Regional Airport (Monroe, United States - 87 miles)
- Lake Charles Regional Airport (Lake Charles, United States - 92 miles)
- Jasper County Airport-Bell Field (Jasper, United States - 93 miles)
- Acadiana Regional Airport (Louisiana, United States - 98 miles)
- Baton Rouge Airport (Baton Rouge, United States - 100 miles)